Terms & conditions
Show or hide
- Membership is for one year and your payment covers one calendar year from the date you join.
- Membership is non-transferable.
- Membership is payable on an annual basis and is due each year on the day of the month you joined. (ie. if you joined on 15 March 2015 your membership becomes renewable on 15 March 2016).
Cancellation and refunds
- You may cancel your membership at any time. If you decide not to renew at the end of your year membership no payments made in that year will be returnable.
- If you cancel prior to one year, or during a part of subsequent years, NWS will require one month’s notice. NWS will refund a monthly percentage of your membership less a £10 administration charge.
- Confirmation of your membership will only be confirmed once we have received your payment.
- Membership will be confirmed after proof of status is established.
- New Writing South reserves the right to withdraw membership to anyone who is abusive or disruptive.
- You can CONTACT US at any time to discuss your membership.
For courses on The Creative Writing Programme
- A deposit will secure your place on the course. Once a deposit has been paid, you will liable for the full cost of the course.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations are not accepted once a deposit has been paid.
For all New Writing South workshops and events (excluding any course on The Creative Writing Programme)
Cancellations and refunds
- Cancellations will be accepted up to fourteen days before a workshop session or course begins. If we receive your cancellation prior to fourteen days in advance of the workshop or event starting, the cost will be refunded less a 30% administration charge.
- Cancellations received within fourteen days prior to the workshop/event commencing are non-refundable.
- We will endeavour to resell your place if the workshop/event is full. There will be an administration fee of £20 for this facility, which will be deducted before any refund.
Confirmation of your booking
- Your booking will only be confirmed once we have received full payment.
- If the course or workshop you want to take part in is full you will be put on a waiting list. You will not be charged until your place is confirmed.
Given the high demand for places on our courses, places are limited and we cannot guarantee that places will always be available.
New Writing South reserves the right to make changes to the advertised programme. We will endeavour to replace tutors with someone equally experienced and appropriate.
New Writing South reserves the right to exclude any participant who is disruptive or abusive at their discretion.
Please note these terms and conditions do not apply to courses and events booked via third party sites.