We’re hiring! Could you be our Trainee Creative Producer?
Are you looking to kick-start a career in the arts? If you already have two – five years of working experience then this could be the role for you.
New Writing South is looking for a new full-time team member to join the organisation for a year-long contract, as part of the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme, designed and run by Jerwood Arts.
This opportunity is offered for people from low socio-economic backgrounds and with two – five years of working experience of any sort. You don’t need to have any specific experience. (A ‘low socio-economic background’ is defined in the application materials for this role.) Salary: £19,500.
What is the job?
We’re looking for someone to join our production and planning team, working on putting together online and real-life content and events, and working on projects in various different ways.
We’ll help you get to grips with what we do, give you time to do your own thinking and listen to your ideas. We’ll show you what we want to achieve and then give you the tools and training so that you can make it happen. We’ll introduce you to great makers and producers, people who can develop your existing skills, and we’ll give you space to work out what creative work you enjoy.
- You will be part of our small team discovering exciting and radical voices and ideas. You will use your skills and interests to help us get those voices across to audiences.
- You will be able to learn the ropes of putting on online events, and help us test out the most effective ways to show conversations between writers online.
- You will be given training and development with experienced producers of online and real-life events and activities from within our team and outside of our organisation.
- In the second half of your placement, you will be supported to design and deliver your own activity according to your interests and what you have learned or done so far. This could be online or face-to-face.
- The role will be varied and flexible depending on your skills and interests, and our changing approaches, but will have a clear focus on technical and digital skills.
Ultimately, we want someone to come along with us as we work out how to create the right platforms and opportunities for the best and most exciting writing and writers we can find, so that our programmes and events will continue to make change and inspire deep, radical thought. If you think this could be you, we’d love to talk to you.
- Trainee Creative Producer
- Home-based / potential for some work in South-East England
- £19,500 annual salary
- 35 hours / week.
- One year contract
- Computer / other equipment as needed for the role supplied.
- For those from low socio-economic backgrounds with two – five years of working experience
- Closing date:
5pm on 6th April 2021.CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
How to apply
Please download our application pack for information on how to apply.
We accept a variety of different application styles. You can write us an email, send us a video or audio recording (max five minutes please) or do both! We may ask you for more information, or ask you to have a virtual meeting or phone call with us to find out more about you.
For more information you can get in touch with us at email@example.com
DATES TO NOTE:
Please get in touch by
5pm on 6th April 2021. CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
Interviews will be held virtually on 15th or 16th April 2021
The job will start as soon as possible, by arrangement, after 19 April 2021. Please let us know when you apply if you have any holidays, prior commitments or notice period which would affect your availability to start asap.
This is a fixed-term position for one year.