Writers’ Day on Saturday 30 March – Programme Announced
Are you an emerging writer? Do you need practical, tried and tested advice on the realities of building a writing career? Do you want to meet other writers at a similar stage in their writing lives? Book now for our inaugural Writers’ Day and get guidance from established writers and industry experts on how to progress your writing career.
This day of discussions, information and networking is designed to offer specific advice on elements of being a writer including working with publishers, overcoming barriers to working as a writer, promoting yourself and your work and learning how to generate income from writing.
There are five sessions to choose from, with discounts available for those who book for several. The day culminates in a vibrant early evening event hosted by the wonderful Akila Richards: relax and enjoy performances by UK-based writers and members of Paris Lit Up, an international collective of poets, writers and spoken word artists.
- Discussions and events – designed to broaden your knowledge and confidence as a writer.
- Opportunities to network with other writers, regional publishers and the team New Writing South.
- A flexible programme – book one or all five sessions, according to what is most useful to you.
- Following a day of advice, information and discussion there will be a relaxed early-evening performance of poetry and prose from UK-based writers who have featured in the programme plus special guests from Paris LitUp, an international collective of poets and spoken word artists.
Programme of Events:
9.30 – 10.30am: My Writing Life: Dr Katy Massey £8 / 6 (concessions / NWS Friends)
10.45 – 11.45am: Identifying as a Writer: How to Succeed as an Under-represented Writer £8 / 6 (concessions / NWS Friends)
12 – 1pm: Publishing Today: Everything Writers Need to Know £8 / 6 (concessions / NWS Friends)
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
1pm – 2pm BREAK (numerous shops and cafés close to The Writers’ Place)
2 – 3pm: Pitching: How to Sell Yourself and Your Work £8 / 6 (concessions / NWS Friends)
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
3.15 – 4.15pm: Show Me the Money: Earning a Living as a Writer £8 / 6 (concessions / NWS Friends)
5 – 6.30pm: Strong Words: Poems and Stories for Our Times All tickets £5
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Discounts are available for those booking more than two sessions* Click here to book 3 events or more
Some bursary places available. Please contact email@example.com for more information
* If you have any queries about booking for the Writers’ Day please get in touch and we’ll help you out.
Strong Words: Poems and Stories for Our Times is not included in the multi-buy offer)
The Writers’ Day marks the beginning of our 2019 / 2020 programme of events, workshops and projects to develop new writers and new writing across the south east region. It is a taste of things to come!